Sale of Prospectus:
A candidate desiring to seek admission in any of the Government or Private ITIs can purchase the “common” Prospectus from any of the nearest Government or Private ITI.
Instructions for filling up of the Application Form and Acknowledgement Card:
1) Fill up the Application Form and Acknowledgement Card only after reading the Prospectus and the Application Form carefully.
2) The name of the candidate should be given in full as recorded in the birth certificate and a copy of the birth certificate shall be compulsorily enclosed.
3) The candidate should fill up the form in all respects without which it will not be considered for drawing the merit list.
Submission of Application Form:
Trade Courses at the ITIs under CTS start in the month of August and under COE in the month of September every year. Application in the prescribed performa (appended with prospectus) along with SELF-ATTESTED COPIES of all the following required certificates shall be submitted to the office of any nearest ITI on or before the date specified in the ‘Schedule of Admission Process’.
1) Certificate of passing and the statement of marks obtained in the minimum qualifying examination i.e. VIIIth, S.S.C.E., or Diploma in Engineering as the case may be. The candidates applying for Advanced Modules shall submit certificate stating completion of BBBT course. The candidates failing in S.S.C.E. shall produce “Statement of Marks”. The candidates passing VIIIth Std. shall produce statement of marks and a passing certificate to the effect from the concerned school.
2) Leaving Certificate from the School/Institute/College attended last by the candidate. In case such certificate is not available at the time of submission of an application to the ITI a candidate selected for admission to the ITI shall have to produce it while taking admission in the ITI.
The candidates who are not able to produce leaving certificates from the past school or college last attended by them due to genuine reasons may produce a transfer certificate / bonafide certificate / a certificate mentioning that the candidate was a student of the particular school / college during the last academic year and that his / her leaving certificate is retained with that school or college due to genuine reasons.
3) Birth Certificate from the Registrar of Births and Deaths.
4) A certificate of continuous period of residence of 10 years in Goa on the date of application from the Mamlatdar having jurisdiction over the area of residence.
5) In case of children of employees of the Central/State Government or Government of India Undertakings, a certificate issued by the Head of the Office or Department, also stating therein the relationship with the candidate and the place of his/her posting in Goa.
6) In case of children of Ex-Servicemen/ Defence Personnel a certificate from the Competent Authority to the effect that either of their parents had been ex-serviceman/ Defence personnel.
7) In case of children of Freedom Fighters, a certificate from the Home Department of Government of Goa stating that his/her father/mother has been registered as Freedom Fighter.
8) In case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Class, a certificate to that effect from the Mamlatdar/Deputy Collector/Sub-Divisional Officer of the concerned area.
9) In case of a candidate belonging to SC/ST/BPL category or having annual family income less than Rs 1,50,000/- p.a., a certificate to that effect from the concerned competent authority, failing which exemption of the tuition fees in Government ITIs shall not be considered.
10) In case of the Physically Handicapped candidates a certificate from the Dean, Goa Medical College, regarding the nature of the disability or handicap and the extent to which the candidate is fit for joining the desired trade in the ITI.
11) In case of the Children of the African Repatriates of Goan origin, a certificate to that effect from the Home Department of Government of Goa.
Candidates passing Std Xth through National Open School without Maths & Science (not Home Science) subjects, do not qualify for admission to the courses where Maths & Science are the subjects required for minimum Educational Qualifications under NCVT/ SCVT.
The duly filled application form along with the required certificates should be submitted personally at the entry counter of the respective I.T.I. or sent through registered post AD addressed to the Principal of the concerned ITI. The acknowledgement card along with the application number should be obtained from the concerned I.T.I. as it will be required to be preserved and produced whenever called for. Late and/or incomplete applications or those without true copies of the necessary certificates may not be considered.
Method of Selection:
i. A centralized system of admission procedure will be followed and a common merit list would be drawn based on the applications received at the Government as well as the Private ITIs. A separate merit list of S.S.C. and VIII Std. entry qualification will be drawn for selection of candidates eligible for admission at any of the Government or Private ITIs by a central admission committee appointed by the Directorate of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. A provisional merit list will be displayed in all the Government and Private ITIs and a period of two days would be given to the candidate to comply to any deficiency/objection noticed if any by reporting the same to the authorities in the ITI where he/she had submitted the duly filled application form. A final merit list would be prepared by complying to the discrepancies raised if any by any of the candidate and displayed in all the Government and Private ITIs and also on the website of Directorate of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship at www.sdct.goa.gov.in.
ii. Allotment of seats would be done in a centrally located venue decided by the State Director, details of which will be available in all ITIs.
iii. The admissions shall be strictly based on merit cum choice and on first come first serve basis to the candidates on the days specified in the “Schedule of Admission Process”. The candidate present will be given an opportunity to select a seat of his/her choice from the seats available at the point of his/her merit number.
iv. If the candidate fails to turn-up for counseling as specified in the “Schedule of Admission Process” or does not accept admission offered he/she shall forfeit the claim of seat as per his/her turn in merit position for that round and the seat will be offered to the next candidate in the merit list.
v. In case during the round of admission, the candidate reports late for admission his/her candidature shall be considered for the then available seats. The list or order of candidates already admitted shall remain unchanged.
vi. Every eligible candidate who is desirous of seeking admission shall remain present in person at the admission center as per schedule of admission rounds along with Acknowledgement card, documents in original and fees, failing which the admission shall not be confirmed. Candidates desiring to get exemption from payment of tuition fees in Government ITIs shall produce the SC/ST/BPL certificate or income certificate (of income less than Rs. 1,50,000/-) from the competent authority at the time of admission. No exemption shall be considered later.
vii. Changes in the “Schedule of Admission Process” if any will be notified through local newspapers and no personal communication will be sent to the individual candidates.
viii. The centralized system of admission would be applicable only for the first round of the respective categories as mentioned in the “Schedule of Admission Process”. The vacant seats if any shall be filled by the Principals of respective ITIs based on the common merit list on first come first serve basis.
ix. If any seats remain vacant even after this, the Principals of respective ITIs may sell the Prospectus and fill up the vacant seats on first come first serve basis.
x. The admitted trainees shall submit a medical fitness certificate issued by a registered medical practitioner along with the duly filled admission form to the respective ITI on the next working day after obtaining admission at the counseling center/ITI, failing which his/her admission is liable for cancellation.
xi. The decision of the admission committee in respect of interpretation of the rules and guidelines of admission shall be final and binding on all concerned.
xii. A candidate desiring to seek admission in a particular trade will have to specifically enclose the mark sheet of the entry qualification required for the respective trade.